<body> <body>

Tuesday, 6 November 2007

There's a song that my father has asked me not to forget. It's rather meaningful and I hope it not only helps me to reflect, but you too. I came across it yesterday when my family was singing christian songs as we do sometimes at home together. It's called "Is He Satisfied?". You might know this song, you might not, but just ponder upon the lyrics.

Do you ever search your heart as you watch the day depart?
Is there something way down deep you try to hide?
If this day should be the end, and eternity begin.
When the book is open wide, will the Lord be satisfied?

Chorus:
Is He satisfied, is He satisfied, is He satisfied with me?
Have I done my best, have I stood the test?
Is He satisfied with me?

When my Lord shall come again,
When He walks and talks with man.
What if every friend He had were just like me?
Would He feel a welcome here?
Or would He walk away in tears?
Am I all that I should be?
Is He satisfied with me?

Repeat Chorus

Feeble is the lamb of fame
By which man incribes his name
On the walls of time for other men to see.
Though he boast of wealth and power,
None can help him in that hour.
When the angels hear his plea;
Is He satisfied with me?

Repeat Chorus

I learnt this song when I was just a toddler, but I never knew the meaning of it. Till my father called me to his room yesterday and told me NEVER to forget this song. I realised how much meaning it was carrying. I really love this song. I'm glad someone wrote it. Old hymns tend to teach christians about practical living when nowadays, it's full of praise to God. There's another song I shouldn't forget. It doesn't mean as much to me as "Is He Satisfied?" , but meaningful all the same. It's called "Give Them All"

Are you tired of chasing pretty rainbows?
Are you tired of spinning round and round?
Wrap of all the shattered dreams of your life.
At the feet of Jesus lay them down.

Chorus:
Give them all, give them all,
Give them all to Jesus,
Shattered dreams, wounded hearts and broken toils.
Give them all, give them all,
Give them all to Jesus,
And He will turn your sorrows into joy.

He'd never say you'll only see sunshine.
He'd never say there'll be no rain.
He only promise us a heart or singing.
At the very thing that brought us pain.

Repeat Chorus

These 2 songs are rather meaningful. I learnt the second song from Mrs Eleanor Goh when she sand it for morning devotion when I was just P3/4. I thought the song was really funny cause of the tune, but it turns out to be such a wonderful song when you examine it. There's a lot of metaphorical stuff in the verses of the song, but when you understand what it represents, it's fantastic! The song is great.

Have you heard of the book "Just Like Jesus"? I got an analogy from the book goes something like this (in my own words).

If your heart was replaced with Jesus's heart for one day. It's a typical day. Your schedule isn't changed, your body hasn't changed. Except that Jesus is in you. Would your friends and the people you communicate with notice a difference in the way you act? If they do, you're not like Jesus. If you were, they couldn't tell the difference could they?

Philippines mission trip huh? I have to pray about it and see what God has to say about it. It's rather expensive though. My mother might not have a budget big enough for me to go in the first place. My brother doesn't want to go.

Push factors: My holidays are rather boring. I'm losing sight of God and this might bring me closer to Him.

Pull fators: Money $$$. It's only a few days after my birthday. I might want to bake cookies at Lixin's house during that time. More money. The fact that I'll probably get homesick.

Will come back to those who messaged me asking if I want to go.




Humbled at 11:03 pm

NATchoo

nataliechoo. 11dec93 Sagittarius. 16.

BV 4e4'09. BVCB 1st Oboe. TP BSG 1B10 Kayak Racing Team

SJSM. Elaine's Cluster. Evelyn's cell.


This is NATalie, the narcissistic little girl. This girl is smarter than she looks and dumber than she speaks. She knows that she is very crazy very often because she can get high on nothing. Natalie can choose to be super duper; friendly, high, emo, silent, shy and happy as she has many different personalities. She is proud to be a golfer and glad to be a musician.
Lastly, Natalie hopes to see you tag her blog.


mostLOVED

Natalie loves her oboe and her 1974 Morris guitar, Jayden. Of course, she loves her close friends. She obviously enjoys listening to music and playing it, especially in a band. (ie. Drumsticks&Tulips) Natalie has fun playing sports. She loves watching her idol Rory Mcilroy (NIR) play golf! In case you didn't know, she supports Liverpool and Steven Gerrard. Admittedly, she is addicted to her Kpop idol, ChoiJongHoon and his band, FT Island. Natalie's favourite colours are purple, pink and blue. Nat <3 YOU! (cause someone is ACTUALLY reading her blog)

LINKed

Eve
Jasmine
Lenis
Lixin
Michi
Sheng Wei
Shermin


TAGged


thePAST