<body> <body>

Tuesday, 23 October 2007

Today's rap competition so weird. I looked like a guy. *omg* And they didn't shout "we love you Natalie!" You said you would shout that out. And help us bang stuff [stamp stamp clap]. Anyway, we didn't win anything for our rap which was actually really a poem. And our rap went like this:


[stamp stamp clap, stamp stamp clap]


O’yea! Lion city, filled with unity,
Chinese, Indian, Malay, Eurasian,
Shake hands, make friends,
What is harmony?



O’yea! Lion city, made of unity,
Chinese, Indian, Malay, Eurasian,
Here in Singapore,
Old stories shall unfold.



There stands the Merlion,
Poised, proud, alone.
Inviting tourists from all countries,
Smiling faces one by one.



<--- no more stamping and clapping --->

So… what’s that place?



[Drum Roll]

SENTOSA!!!


And island full of fun, an island bathed by sun.
People of all skin colours tanning on the beach,
Come have a coconut and a sandwich!



Here comes the Chinese, and the lion beast.
Gong Xi Fa Cai, Hong Bao Na Lai!
Hear the hawkers shout and scream!



[Drum roll]



Malays, grill satays, sipping Teh Tarik.
Hari Raya, perfect time for Nasi Lemak!
Kampong Glam, very brightly lit up.
Go back in time to the “Kampong Days”!



Little India, coconut oil, henna painting for delight.
Pretty peacock feathers, all can have, DON’T FIGHT!
More jasmine garlands and bright silk saris,
Definitely dazzling for you to behold!



HOHOHO! MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Here comes Santa, full of presents.
Ride the reindeer, fly with power!
Go to sleep! Do not PEEP!



<--- stamping and clapping begins again --->

[stamp stamp clap, stamp stamp clap]



O’yea! Lion city, live in harmony.
Say “NO” to conflicts!
Say “YES” to happy living!
We have peace! People like it!



Singapore, just like rojak.
Many people, many colours.
We have Singlish, made from English.
That’s just uniquely SINGAPORE!!!




After the rap, when we didn't win, I felt as if I had just let down our class. Sorry 2E1.. We did our best ya? If that's enough, then ok. If it's not enough, really really sorry. Well, you win some, you lose some.



Sight reading during band. The Peanut Vendor or something like that. The song is like so cute! The song is our encore piece or something like that. It's a cool piece. We're going to get a new piece, J'POP. Some weird piece. I saw it already. (asst. librarian's priviledge) Seems pretty difficult though. I want a new reed now. Jun Kai brushed his pants against my reed and chipped it. Lixin is my witness! And he doesn't even want to admit. I'm not making him pay for a new reed or anything. I'll forgive him if he just apologises which he just refuses to do because he shrugs off responsibility. Well, been rather busy today.



Realised that some things must really be procrastinated. Quote Oliver when Shan Hui wanted to lock up "Thursday thursday". I still have so many things to learn about being an asst librarian. So many things going on in the library, Nicholas Ong in higher chinese then I must be the representative. (Ryan could you have helped me?) When I thought "I'm finally free for a while" I realised the symphonic band technique hadn't been taken out, and then collect consent form, set up stand and oboe. Was rushing the whole of band, didn't even count the games i/c meeting before band. I'm busy only on band days. Report for band at 1.30 on thurday. I'd better remember.

And I thought I was going to be free.







Humbled at 9:44 pm

NATchoo

nataliechoo. 11dec93 Sagittarius. 16.

BV 4e4'09. BVCB 1st Oboe. TP BSG 1B10 Kayak Racing Team

SJSM. Elaine's Cluster. Evelyn's cell.


This is NATalie, the narcissistic little girl. This girl is smarter than she looks and dumber than she speaks. She knows that she is very crazy very often because she can get high on nothing. Natalie can choose to be super duper; friendly, high, emo, silent, shy and happy as she has many different personalities. She is proud to be a golfer and glad to be a musician.
Lastly, Natalie hopes to see you tag her blog.


mostLOVED

Natalie loves her oboe and her 1974 Morris guitar, Jayden. Of course, she loves her close friends. She obviously enjoys listening to music and playing it, especially in a band. (ie. Drumsticks&Tulips) Natalie has fun playing sports. She loves watching her idol Rory Mcilroy (NIR) play golf! In case you didn't know, she supports Liverpool and Steven Gerrard. Admittedly, she is addicted to her Kpop idol, ChoiJongHoon and his band, FT Island. Natalie's favourite colours are purple, pink and blue. Nat <3 YOU! (cause someone is ACTUALLY reading her blog)

LINKed

Eve
Jasmine
Lenis
Lixin
Michi
Sheng Wei
Shermin


TAGged


thePAST